We are 6 long-time Venetians running together for the Venice Neighborhood Council.
We all love this community, but we also understand that Venice is in crisis mode. Violent crime is skyrocketing. Over 2,000 people are now sleeping on our streets. And as fear and frustration continue to tear this great neighborhood apart, our pleas for help to city officials go largely unheeded. It's clearly time for a new era of leadership, teamwork, and neighborhood unity.
• We believe that our city officials need to be held accountable.
• We believe that Venice is bearing an unfair burden in Council District 11.
• We believe that the addiction and mental health emergencies on our streets need to be addressed immediately.
• We believe that the current level of violent crime is completely unacceptable.
• We believe the Reese Davidson median project is prohibitively expensive and will do nothing to address our current crisis.
• We believe that our relationships with all city departments need to be repaired and strengthened.
• We believe in the preservation of Venice's unique historical legacy.
• We believe in the strong support of our locally owned businesses.
• We believe in sensible, sustainable, respectful development and the protection of our current affordable housing stock.
• We believe in fiercely protecting our environment, most especially our beaches and open spaces.
• We believe in an equitable, transparent council that represents everyone in Venice.
• We believe in civility and the importance of treating each other and everyone in this community with respect.
• We believe that finding our collective common ground is imperative right now.
THIS ELECTION IS ENTIRELY VOTE-BY-MAIL AND THE DEADLINE IS JUNE 1st!
PROOF THAT YOU LIVE OR WORK IN VENICE IS REQUIRED.